John P. Lasater IV
I make simple visual statements with my artwork, regardless of the subject matter. Simplicity is peaceful, and reinforces the blessing of our existence. Through the medium of oil paint, I have a language for my gratitude.
John P. Lasater IV developed a love for art working as a designer and illustrator for a division of Hallmark Cards. John now paints full time, both from his studio in Siloam Springs, Arkansas, and on the road painting “en plein air.” He also teaches national workshops.
John’s honors include many Best of Show or First Place awards in national outdoor painting events, an Award of Excellence from the Oil Painters of America national exhibition, Artist in Residency’s, dozens of mentions in art magazines and feature articles in Southwest Art and Plein Air Magazine.
John also started a tour called “24 Paintings in 24 Hours”, showcasing his ability to produce 24 plein air paintings in 24 hours.
2015 “Award of Excellence” Oil Painters of America National Exhibition
2015 “Award of Excellence” Plein Air Southwest Salon, Dallas, Texas
2014 Private Plein Air Exhibit for President George W. Bush
2014 “BEST OF SHOW” Easels in Frederick, Maryland
2014 “COLLECTORS’ CHOICE” Easels in Frederick, Maryland
2014 “BEST OF SHOW” Plein Air on the White River, Arkansas
2014 “BEST OF SHOW” Plein Air Southwest Salon, Dallas, Texas
2014 “THIRD PLACE” Richeson75 Still Life and Floral Exhibit
2013 “ARTISTS/PEOPLES CHOICE” Light on the Land Invitational, St Jo, TX
2013 “BEST OF SHOW” Plein Air on the White River, Arkansas
2012 “BEST OF SHOW” Plein Air Rockies, Estes Park, Colorado
2012 “ARTISTS’ CHOICE” Plein Air Rockies, Estes Park, Colorado
Publications and Mentions List:
Southwest Art Magazine
- June 2015, Full Feature Article
- April 2015, Show Preview | Outdoor Painters Society Show
Plein Air Magazine
- Oct/Nov 2014, “Sharing the Plein Air Journey”, Full Feature Article
- September 2014, “Winners in Plein Air on the White River”, pg. 78
- November 2013, “Plein Air Rockies”, pg. 98
Artists Helping Artists Podcast
- August 2014, A Conversation with Artist John Lasater
International Artist Magazine
- October/November 2014, “Advance Practice In Art, Part 2″
- April 2015, Plein Air Southwest Salon Winners Announced
- November 2014, First Year Strong for San Angelo, Texas, Event
- July 2014, Two From Arkansas Win Big at Easels in Frederick27OutdoorPainter.com
- February 2015, Spotlight on PACE Faculty: John P. Lasater IV
- August 2014, Who Is Featured in the Next Issue of PleinAir Magazine?
- July 2014, Lasater Paints 24 Paintings in 24 Hours Again
- March 2014, Building an Audience for Art — What Can We Do?
- March 2014, Diebenkorn Can Set You Free
- April 2014, Winners at Plein Air Southwest Salon
- November 2013, 24 Paintings in 24 Hours
- September 2012, Plein Air Rockies in CO Featured